How to Craft the Perfect Day in Real Estate
Everyone who's been in real estate for a while has been there.
One month you're raking it in and feeling like this business is easy. The next, you're wondering if you'll sell any homes at all.
We call it the real estate roller coaster. It can be somewhat of a thrill, but wouldn't you rather generate solid, steady income all the time?
The key to this? Solid habits and routine.
It all starts with crafting the perfect day.
Crafting the Perfect Day in Real Estate
- Get Up Early. Go check out the Perfect Day Formula and learn why getting up early is a keystone habit for many high achievers.
- Master Time Efficiency. Multitasking is dead. If you are trying to do two things at the same time you are allocating 50% of your brain space to each, and losing time as you switch between them. In the end, it ends up being less efficient. Masters of productivity stay present and laser focused on the task at hand.
- Prospect Like Hell. This is often the make-or-break for agents. Take a look at their prospecting schedule and that's usually all you need to know about their business. We recommend carving three hours per day, ideally 8am-10am AND 5pm-6pm to call your leads and follow up. Aim for 150 dials but more importantly 20+ contacts per day
- 5 AM Call. Going back to waking up early... again... and we've found this to be a great approach. This 5-minute call with Sharran (free) is a great way to hold yourself accountable to getting up early, as well as surrounding yourself with like-minded people. It's highly motivating and an incredible rhythm to incorporate into your day.
- Go on Appointments. Defend your time that you can spend your afternoon and early evening on the appointments you are setting during your prospecting time. Try to always leave a couple of hours open for this—it's important for the health of your business. Then, if you aren’t on appointments, be back to the office at 5 PM for a little more prospecting/following up.
- Finish with Family. Wind down your day and have time set aside to hang with your kids, read a book and chill out. Real estate should be a part of (and means to) your perfect life—not the only thing in your life.
All of this becomes a lot easier when it's structured and you're surrounded with like-minded people. If this approach to selling real estate sounds good to you, get in touch with our team to learn more.